Paper and Salt is dedicated to recipes of famous writers, but sometimes I get questions that I’d love to answer here. What should I make for a literary book club? Where did you get that author’s quote, and where can I read more about it? Can I visit Allen Ginsberg’s favorite bar?
That’s why I’m starting Paper and Salt Monthly, a (very occasional) newsletter that brings you news about bookish food and food-ish books that you won’t find on the blog.
Upcoming issues will include:
- literary menu suggestions and drink pairings
- trivia and links about authors and their culinary habits
- writer’s birthdays and suggested ways to celebrate
- guides to restaurants and bars with a bookish history
- giveaways of books that are particularly great
- the occasional exclusive recipe
The first issue, out next week, will get in the holiday spirit with a menu for a literary feast, featuring a new recipe from the archived papers of F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald.
Sign up here to get the December newsletter. And stay tuned for another new holiday recipe next week!
5 thoughts on “A Literary Feast: Holiday Dishes from Favorite Writers”
Yay! I am so in!
Thanks, Rahul! Hope it came through in time for the holidays!
Thanks for the Literary Feast newsletter – wonderful stuff … can’t wait to try the Eggnog!
So glad you enjoyed it! Hope the eggnog added some extra festivity to your holidays. Cheers!